|
|
|---|
Friday, June 26, 2009
Olympia Comics Fest Photo Parade
Here's some photos from the Olympia Comics Festival which Gene and I attended a couple weeks ago.First of all, let me just say a big THANK YOU to Chelsea Baker and all the other wonderful organizers and volunteers of the show for having us. Gene and I really enjoyed our time!
Somehow I ended up in a room with a jacuzzi! Right next to the bed no less! You can bet there were hookers and champagne flowing that night.
Here's Gene taking it for a spin, and looking insane.
The show itself took place in a bar(club?) called the Vault.
All the panels took place in a movie theater next door! So whenever a speaker needed to show something it was projected on the giant screen behind him or her. Here's Gene and I on our joint panel.This photo was taken by the great David Lasky (of Kramer's Ergot fame and many other great works).
Here's Gene on his panel about using comics for education. If you've never read his comic on factoring, you're really missing out. It actually taught me factoring which is like teaching a blind man to play darts!
Gene and I also did a signing at Danger Room, an awesome comic book store in Olympia. Chelsea did this hilarious drawing of us.
After the show the organizers invited us to relax at a really swell after party. We talked long into the night about comics and previous guests of the show.
And to finish this off, my favorite photo from the show, also taken by David Lasky.I really like this photo because it reminds me of the very last shot in Pirates of Silicon Valley where a giant, projected Bill Gates looms over a small, pitifully impotent Steve Jobs. When Jason Shiga takes over the world (and he will, believe me--wait 'til you see his Meanwhile from Abrams coming out next year) you'll know how prophetic this photo was.Also, someone really needs to put Jason into a movie.