Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Dr. Seuss

I cannot believe I almost missed Dr. Seuss' birthday. What kind of movie/book blogger would I be without paying tribute to the man who brought us How the Grinch Stole Christmas which in turn brought us the wonderful How the Grinch Stole Christmas, starring Jim Carrey and that girl who grew up to be a Gossip Girl skank.

And Horton Hears a Who, which brought us the super funny Horton Hears a Who, starring Jim Carrey, Carol Burnett and Steve Carrell.

Or The Cat in the Hat, which brought us the semi-amusing The Cat in the Hat, starring an overrated Mike Meyers, an underrated Alec Baldwin, a kid related to Abigail Breslin and Dakota Fanning.

And, lastly, with a film adaptation set for a spring release next year, The Lorax. Starring Danny Devito, Zac Efron, Betty White and Ed Helms, it sounds pretty dang good.