I love books.
I blog about books becoming movies.
Sometimes I blog about whether the movie or the book was better.
Sometimes I blog about which film version of a book or character was the best version.
Usually, I blog about who I think should be cast in the film version of my favorite books.
I'm never right. I think I should win some sort of great, cosmic prize if I were to ever be right, don't you think? Maybe I'll give away some great, cosmic prize instead... or maybe, like, a book or DVD or something. That might be more reasonable. And affordable. I can't afford the cosmos.
But it's fun anyway. Sometimes I let you all pick the books I do fantasy casting for, and those are often the most fun, because it stretches my imagination and sends me looking for new talent and new faces. You can see a list of every Fantasy Cast I've ever put together over to the right in the sidebar (you can search by title/series or author). I also lure unsuspecting readers to my blog by posting things like this:
I'm sorry... is that not appropriate? Sorry. Can't help it.
Where was I? Ah, yes...
Fantasy Casting actually started years and years ago at Sunday dinners with my family when I was a teen. My sisters and I often read the same books and would spend hours
In 2008, I started blogging. I looked all around the internet and found that this "fantasy casting" or "dream casting" was popular, but there wasn't a central site: it was done in fan forums, entertainment sites or celebrity gossip sites. It was awkward and cumbersome and, well, annoying. I figured there had to be a better way.
Thus, Fantasy Casting was born. One site where I put together my ideas and let you all air your opinions in the comments. It's fun. You should join us.
I love hosting guest bloggers, whether you choose to put together your own fantasy cast or write about something else related to books and movies, I'm more than happy to put you front and center and let you get all the attention for a day. 'Cause seriously, that is what I don't need more of: ego-swelling attention. Pssht.
Speaking of not needing attention, you can find me on Twitter and Goodreads, and you can go to my contact page and find a dozen different ways to get in touch with me.
This is me, Gina. I'm not nearly as interesting to look at as Hugh Jackman or Ryan Reynolds, so I don't post pictures of myself often, but studies show that you are more likely to want to talk to me if you know what I look like *. And this is the only picture you'll ever see of me, because I have three kids and the oldest is five. My hair hasn't actually been clean since this pic was taken... like, two years ago.
*this study was something I read in a magazine a bazillion years ago on sales and could possibly be completely bogus, but it seemed legit... I mean, there was a professional-looking font and stuff, so, you know, they sounded like they knew what they were talking about.
Oh, and thank you to the SITS Girls for having me as their featured blogger today. I'm honored. If you haven't signed up with SITS, go now. Do it. The secret to success really is support.

