Thursday, June 24, 2010

Artichoke, Shrimp, Wine Sauce

Ok what started out as a nasty dip turned into a delicious pasta sauce. All thanks to my sister. Who actually knows how to cook. I do not. She does. But I am trying to be malleable and learn from her.

So this is what the dip called for:

1 block of cream cheese
1 can of pink shrimp
1/2 jar of artichoke antipasto
1/4 cup of parmesan cheese
lime juice and hot sauce to taste

I made it, tasted it, and it was awful.

Then the paragon of success came in (Emily) and gave me a solution to my problem:

2-3 tbs Butter
Saute garlic
Add cup of white wine
simmer

cook noodles
and now you have a pasta sauce.
For a salad it was salmon, beets and olives.

Some day I hope to emulate her abilities. But until I learn it I guess I will have to keep asking her to safe my manky dishes. By the way, manky is not a GRE word, its just made up word. It means nasty.